Thursday, June 25, 2009

Backup & sync your files easily with Dropbox

Dropbox is one of my favorite web applications and I must say that I can't live without it. I don't know many people using it, so a lot of people are really missing this great stuff. I've been using Dropbox for almost a year now. It has helped me a lot with my work, and have onced saved me when I accidentally deleted a folder by overwriting the new one with the old. I am doing my work simultaneously on three different computers/locations. Instead of having to save my work for each session on a USB flash disk then copying it to the other computers, dropbox will take charge to make sure my computers are all in sync. Every time I start to work, I don't need to worry if I have the latest copy on the computer I am using and on top of that I always have backups of my work to the latest minutes (depending on the size of your files).

In addition to backup and sync, you can easily recover files that you've accidentally deleted. Dropbox also keeps a history of your revisions, and helps you easily share your files with other dropbox users.

  • Have to install dropbox client, which some may not like.
  • Need to have internet connection to work
  • Only 2GB for free account, but you earn 1 more extra GB for referrals
  • One of the few backup solutions that works on WIN, MAC and Linux
  • Very nice web interface

No comments: